The SPE ICoTA 24th European Well Intervention Conference is to be held on the 14th-15th November at the Aberdeen Exhibition & Conference Centre. Organised by the Intervention & Coiled Tubing Association and SPE International, the conference is the largest and longest established event of its kind in Europe and is specifically aimed at meeting the needs of intervention/integrity engineers, completions engineers, project engineers subsurface engineers and those engaged in any wells discipline.
The event, which has a long track record of success, focuses on knowledge sharing, personal development, network building and allows engineers to absorb much of what the industry has to offer.
Over the course of a year there are numerous offshore conferences and exhibitions held in Aberdeen alone, so what makes the European Well Intervention Conference different?
- Major operators are on board - Over the years the event has attracted the attention and gained the support of oil and gas operators, resulting in 12 operator case studies planned for this year’s event.
- The event doubles up as a training opportunity – Continuing Professional Development (CPD) points can be gained through attendance, contributing to career development.
- Focus is key – Some well intervention conferences tend to be generic, whereas this conference is focused on addressing the challenges of the group of engineers mentioned above.
- Not-for-profit – Surplus funds from the event are reinvested to support the future generation of engineers.
The two days will be packed with keynote presentations and case studies from the likes of the Oil & Gas Authority, Shell, ConocoPhillips UK and Archer. The first day includes a ‘techbyte’ session which covers: innovative case studies in multi well hydraulic intervention campaigns using unique flow access technology plus ultrasound imaging technology diagnoses multilateral completion failure.
The second day consists of further presentations addressing comprehensive challenges such as clearing a blockage in a closed loop hydraulic system to stimulating mature wells with chemical scale dissolver.
The full programme is available here.
A major exhibition will showcase all the latest intervention tools, technologies and services available to the market. Attended by major operators and service companies, means that the exhibition space is a great chance for the supply chain to display their capabilities.
For the first time in the history of the event, there will be an operator stall where at least 10 big brand names will be available to discuss issues and challenges and generally share knowledge.
The full exhibitor list is available here.
Steven Blake and Bill Artis, two of Probe’s technical experts, will be hosting the Probe exhibition stand, bringing with them the latest information on product and service offerings from Probe, engineering excellence and innovative solutions to the latest industry challenges and of course a have a few giveaways. We see this as an excellent opportunity to catch up with our existing clients, plus of course, make some new contacts.
Probe invite you to book a meeting with us to:
- Discover how we have expanded our product and service offering and have more coming soon
- Meet our technical experts and discuss your requirements
- Enter our competition prize draw
- Or just drop by to pick up an information pack!
You will find us in booth 43-44 near the coffee point. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm your meeting.
Don’t miss our exclusive updates!
You can now subscribe to Probe’s online communication channels for the latest industry insights from our thought leaders plus information in the lead up to the event. We will only send you information tailored to meet your needs and will never pass on your contact details to third parties or send you spam emails.
We hope to see you at the event!